River House Resale Chasing Dreams
Donation Policy Update
Recently there has been an overwhelming amount of generous donations made to our thrift store. We are very grateful for these donations as the profits go directly to the maintenance and upkeep of the shelter. Unfortunately, we have had a shortage of volunteers and have filled up all our storage space to capacity. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience since there have been occasions where we have been unable to accept any donations. To resolve this dilemma, we have revised our policy. Please review the following changed policy before you plan to donate.
- If you have a small amount (2 boxes or 2 bags), you can bring your donations to the store Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10am-2pm.
- For larger donations, we have decreased the limit to 5 boxes or 5 bags. For those donations, you would have to contact the store by phone (989) 745-6677 or in person and schedule a time to bring in your donation.
- With respect to furniture, please follow the guidelines for larger donations by contacting the store by phone or in person to schedule an appointment.
- The days we accept larger donation are Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays between the hours of 10am-4pm.
- Bring your scheduled donate in at the scheduled time and date by first stopping in to let us know you are here and have your donation.
- You will then be asked to pull your vehicle up to one of the locations specified (storage unit or pole barn) depending on the nature and size of your donation.
- A volunteer will assist you with unloading your donation.
- Ask a volunteer to assist you in getting management to issue a receipt if needed/desired.
Here is a list of items we no longer accept:
- Large exercise machines
- Car seats
- Cribs with collapsible rails
- Mattresses or box spring
- VHS tapes
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- Computer monitors
- Old tube TV sets
- Computer towers/laptops & printers
- Entertainment Centers
Thank you to everyone for your continued support. Also, if there is anyone interested in volunteering at the store – hours are very flexible- please pick up an application at the store or the shelter office. Students at the Grayling High School are welcome to volunteer here to complete their required community service hours. Again, we thank everyone for their generosity and kindness in making these donations to support our mission at River House.